|Date:||21/11/2016 - 24/11/2016|
|Location:|| OÖ Energiesparverband, Energy Academy|
The market transformation towards modern, high-efficiency biomass heating presents enormous opportunities for local economic development, the reduction of energy costs and climate and environment protection. The International Training Seminar focuses on small- to mid-scale projects fuelled by wood pellets and wood chips. It covers solutions for homes, smaller commercial/public buildings and district heating grids (up to a few hundred kilowatts). The seminar offers interactive learning in an international group, educational site visits and presentations by experts in biomass technologies, market development and environment.
The International Training Seminar is organised by the Energy Academy of the OÖ Energiesparverband, the energy agency of the region of Upper Austria. Upper Austria is a success story in high-efficiency biomass heating: more than 30 % of the space heat demand is covered by clean, automatic biomass heating. Green heating has created more than 500 new jobs in Upper Austria in recent years. The OÖ Energiesparverband is also the organiser of the European Pellet Conference, the world’s largest annual event on wood pellets.
What is different to other seminars?
- Learn from the best and spend three intensive days in the leading biomass heating region!
- Get the most up-to-date knowledge from experts working in the field of biomass in businesses, associations, research organisations and public bodies.
- Profit from the “hands-on” approach: half of the seminar time is on-site training, the other is “classroom” training.
- See the whole biomass supply chain in action: from equipment and fuel manufacturers to biomass logistics and a range of different plants in operation.
- Benefit from an enjoyable atmosphere during the seminar and develop long lasting partnerships with biomass experts from different parts of the world.
- Enjoy Austrian hospitality!
What does the international seminar offer?
- 3 densely-filled days with information and know-how on the technologies, economics and marketing of biomass heating!
- Practical, hands-on time with experienced people – learn from the best in the field!
- A dynamic mix of seminars, site visits and interactive exchanges in an
- A programme fully focused on small- to mid-scale wood pellet and wood chip projects.
- Success factors for developing a regional/local biomass heating market
- Technology overview (combustion, emissions), system designs
- Fuel standards and logistics (wood pellets, wood chips)
- Business and financing models, marketing
As an international training seminar, the programme does not cover country specific information, such as specific legal aspects or funding programmes.